Categorized | East

Toddler returned after ‘machete attack’

CHRIS THOMSON

DECEMBER 29 UPDATE: A 15-month-old boy has finally been reunited with his baby sister and mother after being taken from a doctor’s surgery by her father who had allegedly injured the toddler and mother during a machete attack on December 21.

Police spokeswoman Ros Weatherall said the toddler, Adam Francis, was last night returned “safe and well” to his mother.

The toddler’s father, Jake Steven McNally, 25, of Wilson, was arrested on Tuesday and will appear in Perth Magistrates Court today.

McNally (pictured centre) has been charged with four counts of aggravated common assault, three of aggravated assault causing bodily harm, and being armed in a way that may cause fear.

Earlier, police had said McNally had allegedly threatened to kill Adam and his baby sister Lara Francis.

Lara was returned to her mother last week.

Police had said McNally allegedly assaulted the children’s mother and took Adam and Lara from King George Street Family Practice in Victoria Park.

The mother had been seeking medical treatment after she, Adam and the children’s uncle were injured in an alleged machete attack by McNally.

The initial attack allegedly occurred in a street called Langham Gardens in the eastern Perth suburb of Wilson.

Police had said McNally took the children from the doctor’s surgery in their mother’s car.

Comments are closed.

Independent Perth news